We would like to store small files (cookies) on your computer to help us make this website better - please read our Privacy and Cookies Policy for more information on our cookie use. Read Policy

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player



Selling to us

There is now a cash ban across the metal recycling industry in England and Wales and therefore we are no longer able to pay cash for scrap metal.

We now offer the following methods of payment methods to our customers:

  • Cheque Payment (£3 charge)
  • Next Day BACS Payment* (FOC)

* Please note that the Next Day BACS Payment is only available pre 4pm Monday to Friday. Any transactions put through on a Saturday morning will appear in the bank account on the following Tuesday.


Cheque Cashing

Ron Hull Jnr Ltd is now operating as an agent of Cheque Exchange Limited (CEL). Only cheques that have been issued by Ron Hull Jnr Ltd can be exchanged for cash for a 3% admin fee for amounts of £100 and higher and a £3 admin fee will apply to cheques with a value lower than £100.

How it works:

  1. You will need to advise the administration office that you would like to cash your cheque
  2. You will be required to show either an in date passport or photocard driving license and a utility bill less that 3 months old as proof of identification
  3. You will be required to sign a transaction form which is a contract between yourself and Cheque Exchange Limited and by signing the document you are agreeing to the terms of the transaction
  4. The weighbridge operator will check your signature against your ID card and you will then recieve the cash and Ron Hull Jnr Ltd will retain your cheque

* Please note - we are unable to cash any cheques that are made out to a company



As well as the above we are now required to take personal ID for all customers who wish to sell their scrap to ourselves. The ID that we are able to accept is listed below:

  • Photocard driving licence
  • Passport and last 3 months' utility bill (eg. gas/electric/water/council tax etc. – to confirm address)


*   Please note that first time customers must bring their debit card or bank details to register to receive BACS payment.